First Book--Lessons Learned

The Bootlegger's Legacy is my second book.  In, I believe, 2009 I wrote and published a book; The Originals.  That book is no longer available, or will soon not be available--even if it was, I would not recommend buying it.  It was a good story and someday I may revisit that book and rewrite it--maybe; probably not.  While an interesting story it was not my best effort.

After writing my first book I did not write again for awhile.  But I continued to study and practice--usually just writing outlines, or one or two chapters--playing with ideas.  Something I have learned about writing--to get better you have to practice.  And you need input from others.  Maybe that is obvious to everyone but me.  No doubt there are people who can sit down and write a great book--I think most have to work at it for some time before they get to where they want to be.

Since finishing The Bootlegger's Legacy I have written two more books and started my fifth.  And I have outlines on the next two projects.  The more I write the better I feel about the books--it may stop soon, but for now I am in a groove.




Comments

Popular Posts