CIPA EVVY Awards

Received a 3rd place award from CIPA for Fiction/Mystery & Detective.  Must admit a little disappointment.  But on the other hand it is a nice award and I appreciate CIPA and their respected awards program.  Thanks CIPA!

When I was in grade school in Oklahoma in the 50s I used to get all kinds of awards--these were mostly ribbons which were purchased in bulk.  A lot of people think the participation award is something that happen in the 90s or 00s--not so; it was going full blast in the 50s--it just wasn't resented at that time.  My memories of the awards ceremonies that were held several times a year are all pleasant--after all it was better than being in class.  There never seemed to be any resentment, just a lot of clapping and cheering.

I am sure those memories are being clouded by the fog of age and there were many unpleasant aspects to the awards "for all" concept--I just don't remember them.

The 3rd place finish for the EVVY award is much better than my grade school award for attending and it is much appreciated--but I am human, after all; and my goal was first place--oh well maybe next year!

Go Rockies!

Comments

  1. Third still leaves all but two of the field behind you, and a fairly large field, we'd have to believe. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts