Blue Door Inn Mystery update

I was advised that a very poor post would be something along the lines of "just finished another 5,000 words in the latest book"--well sorry but just finished another 5,000 words in the latest book.  One of the more difficult aspects of writing is to continue to write when you are not particularly in the mood.  It is like having to go to work when you would rather do something else.  But I have discovered that some of my best writing occurs in those kind of periods.

I am working on the first Blue Door Inn Mystery series book.  The main characters are Joe and Michelle from The Bootlegger's Legacy.  Michelle has retired and they purchased a bed and breakfast in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  Joe was my favorite character in TBL--which was probably obvious.  His dry humor is very comfortable for me and it makes it easy to write his comments.  In the new series he will have the opportunity to become an amateur sleuth to the dismay of Michelle.  And will expand on his love of food with a run at being the Inn's resident chef.  All stuff I enjoy writing about.  

As part of this new series each book will include some of my favorite southwest cuisine recipes.  I will post them as they are included in the book.

Comments

Popular Posts